“The truth is, I’m glad that I’m not taking care of a big house. I’m glad that I’m not shoveling snow and mowing grass. And I’m glad that I have neighbors that I can see every day, rather than being in a house by myself.”
– Rowena, Luther Park Community resident
Assisted Living at the Gardens
Assisted Living at Luther Park: From the pleasant and inviting residences, to the caring interactions between residents and staff, entering The Gardens at Luther Park Community seniors a true sense of community. The Gardens offers a choice of five different apartment sizes, ranging from loft to two-bedroom floor plans. Many services and amenities are included in monthly rent. Nursing services, such as bathing assistance and medication management, can be added as needed. Our caring and skilled staff is a significant reason why our residents enjoy living here. With a very low turnover rate, our residents and staff truly get to know one another.
Adults who live in assisted living communities typically require some level of daily assistance for things like:
- Medication management
- Personal care, such as bathing or dressing
- Housekeeping services
- Food preparation and/or grocery shopping
- Memory support services
- Loft (Studio) — approx 517 sq. ft.
- One-bedroom — approx 622 sq. ft.
- One-bedroom stretch — approx 751 sq. ft.
- One-bedroom with den — approx 1050 sq. ft.
- Two-bedrooms — approx 879 sq. ft.
Conveniences and Amenities included with Base Rent:
- No buy-in
- Secure building
- Three meals served daily in our restaurant-style dining room
- Flat linen laundry service weekly
- Scheduled transportation for group outings
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Limited transportation to doctor appointments
- 24-hour call response system
- Paid utilities except for telephone
- Full size washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove, and microwave
- Hair Salon
- Planned social, wellness, and recreational activities
- 24-hour onsite staffing
- Outdoor living spaces
- Free high-speed wireless internet
- Exercise room
- Lounge and community areas
Approximately 517 SF
Approximately 622 SF
One Bedroom Stretch
Approximately 751 SF
One Bedroom Plus Den
Approximately 1000 SF
Two Bedroom Apartment
Approximately 879 SF
Living at The Gardens
Contact Us Now!
Contact the Gardens at (515) 515-261-6387 and ask about tours, availability, and any other questions you need answered or fill out the contact form and we'll reach back out to you!
To report abuse, neglect, exploitation, or self-neglect of a dependent adult, call 1-800-362-2178. More information is available on the Iowa Department of Human Services’ website.
Contact The Gardens
2910 E. 16th St.
Des Moines, IA 50316
Phone: (515) 265-1887
Fax: (515) 265-2683