“It’s a wonderful senior center that provides all the living necessities for older people and still with full freedom available to them.”
– Roland, Luther Park Community Independent Living resident.
Luther Park Community has two apartment buildings to choose from for independent living — Rose Glen and Luther Park Apartments. Both offer extensive lifestyle services to people age 62 and over. Residents have the opportunity to select from a wide array of recreational and social opportunities — they choose their level of activity or relaxation. Independent living provides comfort, convenience, and security to individuals who may be seeking a more maintenance-free lifestyle.
Rose Glen is a vital part of the Luther Park Community. Rose Glen offers 47 beautiful one- and two-bedroom apartments with 9-foot ceilings that make your home feel open and spacious. Walk-in closets, stackable washers/dryers, kitchen pantries, and the availability of a garage make these apartments comfortable homes. Our woodworking shop, pool table gaming area, and outdoor gazebo and gardens are just a few of the areas our residents enjoy as part of their home at Rose Glen.
Luther Park Apartments offers 99 one- and two-bedroom affordable apartments. Luther Park Apartments are priced below market rates and Section 8 housing vouchers are accepted. The sundry shop, library, and beautiful outdoor courtyard are just a few of the areas where our residents enjoy spending their time. The neighborly atmosphere and the availability of a variety of recreational and social activities makes Luther Park Apartments an exciting place to live.
- No buy-in
- All utilities included except for telephone
- Scheduled activities and social events
- Complimentary transportation to outings such as shopping, restaurants, and other attractions
- On campus worship, Bible study, Rosary, and Communion
- Sundry Shop
- Exercise/fitness room
- Complimentary breakfast served daily
- Lunch available for purchase 7 days/week
- High-speed wireless internet
- Secure building entrance
- Laundry facilities in each apartment at Rose Glen; communal facilities at Luther Park Apartments
- Volunteer opportunities
- Library with computer access
- Personal gardening space available
- Community and social gathering areas
- Outdoor leisure and barbeque areas
- Monthly blood pressure clinic
- Access to beauty salon
- Podiatrist visits on-site
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy available on-site
- Free access to Grand View University Fitness Center, sporting, and entertainment events
Contact the Director of Independent Living and ask about move in specials
2824 E. 16th St.
Des Moines, IA 50316
Phone: (515) 262-1153
Fax: (515) 262-0699