Assisted Living and Memory Care at The Gardens
Assisted Living: From the pleasant and inviting interior, to the caring interactions between residents and staff, entering The Gardens at Luther Park Community gives you a sense of being among friends and family. The Gardens offers a choice of five different apartment sizes, ranging from loft to two-bedroom floor plans. Many services and amenities are included in monthly rent, while nursing services — such as bathing assistance and medication management — can be added as needed. Our caring and skilled staff is a significant reason why our residents enjoy living here. With a very low turnover rate, our residents and staff truly get to know one another.
Memory Care: Along with all of the apartment options and quality amenities of assisted living, we also offer Memory Care for the additional assurance of living in a safe, secure area at The Gardens. Our highly trained staff can assist with medication management, bathing, dressing, and grooming, among other individualized care needs. We use a variety of techniques to redirect, prompt, cue, and comfort our residents, including routine “I’m okay” monitoring check-ins. Dementia is unfortunately often associated with loss and decline, but our focus remains on safely empowering the individual. Our life enrichment program encompasses and individual’s remaining skills and abilities to engage him/her in meaningful activities and tasks. Our goal is to foster opportunities for our residents to help, participate, and succeed so that each person feels purposeful and valued.
- Loft (Studio) — approx 517 sq. ft.
- One-bedroom — approx 622 sq. ft.
- One-bedroom stretch — approx 751 sq. ft.
- One-bedroom with den — approx 1050 sq. ft.
- Two-bedrooms — approx 879 sq. ft.
Conveniences and Amenities included with Base Rent:
- No buy-in
- Secure building
- Three meals served daily in our restaurant-style dining room
- Flat linen laundry service weekly
- Scheduled transportation for group outings
- Weekly light housekeeping
- Limited transportation to doctor appointments
- 24-hour call response system
- Paid utilities except for telephone
- Full size washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove, and microwave
- Hair Salon
- Bistro open 24-hours/day
- Planned social, wellness, and recreational activities
- 24-hour onsite staffing
- Outdoor living spaces
- Library with computer access
- Free high-speed wireless internet
- Exercise room
- Lounge and community areas
- Complimentary monthly chair massage from a Licensed Massage Therapist
Contact The Gardens
2910 E. 16th St.
Des Moines, IA 50316
Phone: (515) 265-1887
Fax: (515) 265-2683